In 1876, P.H. Benson and Herman Treichel donated one-half acre for cemetery purposes. The original plot was enlarged by several donations: one by H.A. Borchardt; by the heirs of the Dieterich Estate and by Edward Feldt. It was plotted in 1894, 1901 and again when all records were brought up to date. The original cemetery, having been expanded three times, does not have continuous numbering east to west. An endowment Fund for perpetual care was created in 1911. When the endowment fails to provide its upkeep, the congregation supplies the deficit.
Location --Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery is a quarter mile south of the city limits, at the corner of Foothill Avenue and county road A38.